Fiddes Liming Wax is a ideal for application on woods such as oak, or those which normally exhibit a distinctive deep grain pattern. Perfect for use on interior floors, doors, skirting boards, architraves, kitchen cabinet doors and more to achieve a traditional limed wax finish.
Ensure surfaces to be treated are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust and other surface contaminants prior to application of Liming Wax.
- Remove all previous coatings and finishes, including paints, varnishes, waxes and oils
- Sand the wood with a 120 grit sandpaper, through to a medium / fine grit of 180 to 220
- Sand in the direction of the grain where possible
- Take care to remove all traces of sanding dust from the area to be waxed
- De-grease the wood using methylated spirits if required
- For a true limed effect, rake the surface of the wood with a clean wire brush, following the grain and seal with a suitable shellac polish, sanding sealer or similar
- Fill any holes or gaps in wooden floors with Fiddes Floor Repair Kit.
- For filling other wood surfaces, use Fiddes Wood Filler Gel.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
- Fiddes Liming Wax is best applied with a clean, lint-free cloth
- Apply sparingly, working on one small area at a time
- Leave for 15 minutes to dry
- Apply additional coats as required
- Buff in the direction of the grain with a clean cotton cloth
Once dry, Fiddes Liming Wax must be finished with a coat of Fiddes Supreme Wax Polish in clear to retain the limed look. This increases the sheen level and adds protection to the limed finish.